Developing on the PS4 is like writing a blank hardware cheque says Watch Dogs devs
Ubisoft's Colin Graham has been talking about how much of a joy it has been to develop for the PlayStation 4.
As animation director on Watch Dogs Colin Graham has had first-hand experience of what the PS4 is capable of and he was very impressed by the sheer power Sony has put at their disposal.
“From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory,” Graham began, “especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians.”
He added, ”From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4. It’s a really nice piece of hardware.”
Watch Dogs will hit PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 27th. The full interview is available over on the PlayStation Blog.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold