Developing on the PS4 is like writing a blank hardware cheque says Watch Dogs devs
Ubisoft's Colin Graham has been talking about how much of a joy it has been to develop for the PlayStation 4.
As animation director on Watch Dogs Colin Graham has had first-hand experience of what the PS4 is capable of and he was very impressed by the sheer power Sony has put at their disposal.
“From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory,” Graham began, “especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians.”
He added, ”From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4. It’s a really nice piece of hardware.”
Watch Dogs will hit PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 27th. The full interview is available over on the PlayStation Blog.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3