Developing on the PS4 is like writing a blank hardware cheque says Watch Dogs devs
Ubisoft's Colin Graham has been talking about how much of a joy it has been to develop for the PlayStation 4.
As animation director on Watch Dogs Colin Graham has had first-hand experience of what the PS4 is capable of and he was very impressed by the sheer power Sony has put at their disposal.
“From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory,” Graham began, “especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians.”
He added, ”From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4. It’s a really nice piece of hardware.”
Watch Dogs will hit PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 27th. The full interview is available over on the PlayStation Blog.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year