Developing on the PS4 is like writing a blank hardware cheque says Watch Dogs devs
Ubisoft's Colin Graham has been talking about how much of a joy it has been to develop for the PlayStation 4.
As animation director on Watch Dogs Colin Graham has had first-hand experience of what the PS4 is capable of and he was very impressed by the sheer power Sony has put at their disposal.
“From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory,” Graham began, “especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians.”
He added, ”From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4. It’s a really nice piece of hardware.”
Watch Dogs will hit PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 27th. The full interview is available over on the PlayStation Blog.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year