Developing on the PS4 is like writing a blank hardware cheque says Watch Dogs devs
Ubisoft's Colin Graham has been talking about how much of a joy it has been to develop for the PlayStation 4.
As animation director on Watch Dogs Colin Graham has had first-hand experience of what the PS4 is capable of and he was very impressed by the sheer power Sony has put at their disposal.
“From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory,” Graham began, “especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians.”
He added, ”From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4. It’s a really nice piece of hardware.”
Watch Dogs will hit PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May the 27th. The full interview is available over on the PlayStation Blog.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015