EA CEO Andrew Wilson wants to forget the distractions of platforms, business models to focus on making great games
EA has been the focus of some major negative attention over the invasive microtransactions in their recent free-to-play version of Bullfrog's PC classic Dungeon Keeper.
The company's new CEO, Andrew Wilson believes that business models and different platforms are a distraction and he just wants EA to focus on making great games.
“Every video game is hard to make,” Wilson began. “It takes long hours, and you really have to love it. What I hope comes with me in this job is that there’s that renewed passion for what we do, which is make great interactive entertainment. At the end of the day, that also comes with an understanding of what our people go through in order to make great games.
He continued, “If the industry can avoid the distraction of platforms, of geographies, of business models, and really just focus on making great games for whatever their target audience is, for whatever that gamer-centric group of people is; then I think we’ll be all right. These other distractions are not without merit and they’re important, but they can’t be your centre.”
“Great games work no matter what platform you’re on or what business model you’re going with,” Wilson concluded. “If you can provide great entertainment, then you can really get down to that minute-to-minute interaction that’s fun and enjoyable and feels like great value.”
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 30-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3