Blizzard confirms Diablo III is in development on Xbox One
Blizzard has confirmed that they are developing an Xbox One version of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition but they're not sure if it will ever see a release.
The lead producer on Diablo III Alex Mayberry explained along with the revelation that they have no idea where they are as far as negotiating with Microsoft to bring Diablo III to the Xbox One.
He stated, "I don't know where we are with Microsoft right now so I can't really comment on what that contract looks like. The point is we are developing for Xbox [One] and PS4 simultaneously. We hit those major platforms and then our goal as a development team is to make them run."
Mayberry added that it “makes more sense” top develop for the PS4 and the Xbox at the same time adding, "We have that pipeline worked out. We've already done it with the 360 and PS3, so that team knows how to develop at the same time for both of those platforms. That's just what we do. And then Blizzard and Microsoft can work out whatever they work out."
Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls is due out for PC and Mac tomorrow, March 25th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3