From Software addresses concerns over Dark Souls II visual downgrade
From Software has taken the time to address concerns over the seeming visual downgrading of the console versions of Dark Souls II.
Gamers have gone so far as to launch a campaign directed at publisher Namco Bandai and developer From Software using the Twitter hashtags #DarkSoulsDowngrade and #YOULIED over the perceived drop in visual standards between early screenshots from last year and the finished version that hit shelves earlier this month.
A statement released by From Software explained, "Throughout the game development process, a game is constantly being balanced not only in game playability, but also in the realm of resource management.”
“A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game,” it continued. “The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game.”
Visuals aside Dark Souls II is an excellent sequel and you can find out more about the game by reading our review.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage