From Software addresses concerns over Dark Souls II visual downgrade
From Software has taken the time to address concerns over the seeming visual downgrading of the console versions of Dark Souls II.
Gamers have gone so far as to launch a campaign directed at publisher Namco Bandai and developer From Software using the Twitter hashtags #DarkSoulsDowngrade and #YOULIED over the perceived drop in visual standards between early screenshots from last year and the finished version that hit shelves earlier this month.
A statement released by From Software explained, "Throughout the game development process, a game is constantly being balanced not only in game playability, but also in the realm of resource management.”
“A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game,” it continued. “The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game.”
Visuals aside Dark Souls II is an excellent sequel and you can find out more about the game by reading our review.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access