From Software addresses concerns over Dark Souls II visual downgrade
From Software has taken the time to address concerns over the seeming visual downgrading of the console versions of Dark Souls II.
Gamers have gone so far as to launch a campaign directed at publisher Namco Bandai and developer From Software using the Twitter hashtags #DarkSoulsDowngrade and #YOULIED over the perceived drop in visual standards between early screenshots from last year and the finished version that hit shelves earlier this month.
A statement released by From Software explained, "Throughout the game development process, a game is constantly being balanced not only in game playability, but also in the realm of resource management.”
“A developer is always challenged with creating the most rewarding gaming experience while delivering continuity in graphical quality, gameplay dynamics, and balance within the game,” it continued. “The final version of Dark Souls II displays the culmination of this delicate balance and we’re very proud of the positive media and fan reception for the game.”
Visuals aside Dark Souls II is an excellent sequel and you can find out more about the game by reading our review.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date