2K detail Borderlands
We learnt yesterday that Borderlands is the new sandbox action title heading to the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 from Gearbox, and we today learn that 2K Games are publishing this new action outing from the makers of Brothers in Arms.
Borderlands promises to be just the first installment of a major sci-fi action franchise, offering top-notch combat from a first-person perspective, coupled with player customisation and vehicles. Lashings of user-generated content is the order of the day, making for 'near-endless' variety, we're told.
"By utilizing revolutionary new technology to create thousands of unique, randomly generated missions, weapons and situations, Borderlands will raise the bar for next gen action games," beamed 2K's Christoph Hartmann.
Borderlands will support up to four-players co-operatively, and will allow players to join and leave bouts on a whim. A release in winter 2008 looks likely. More soon.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release