Yu Suzuki exploring Kickstarter for Shenmue 3
Elusive creator of the fan-favoured Shenmue series Yu Suzuki has confirmed that he's researching Kickstarter as an option for creating the final part of the series.
Suzuki has made an appearance at this year's GDC to talk about development of the first Shenmue game and he's fielded some questions on the future of the series. During the Q&A after his developer session he indicated that he would like to make Shenmue 3 if the “right opportunity” presented itself.
Afterwards Eurogamer pressed him to see if he'd been looking at Kickstarter as a way of funding the game. He replied, "Yes, I am researching it."
The series has been on hiatus since SEGA shelved it after they canned the Dreamcast and transitioned to a software-only company and fans have been a little upset about being left hanging after the end of Shenmue 2. It emerged earlier this year that SEGA has let their trademark of the series lapse.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release