Yu Suzuki exploring Kickstarter for Shenmue 3
Elusive creator of the fan-favoured Shenmue series Yu Suzuki has confirmed that he's researching Kickstarter as an option for creating the final part of the series.
Suzuki has made an appearance at this year's GDC to talk about development of the first Shenmue game and he's fielded some questions on the future of the series. During the Q&A after his developer session he indicated that he would like to make Shenmue 3 if the “right opportunity” presented itself.
Afterwards Eurogamer pressed him to see if he'd been looking at Kickstarter as a way of funding the game. He replied, "Yes, I am researching it."
The series has been on hiatus since SEGA shelved it after they canned the Dreamcast and transitioned to a software-only company and fans have been a little upset about being left hanging after the end of Shenmue 2. It emerged earlier this year that SEGA has let their trademark of the series lapse.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access