Yu Suzuki exploring Kickstarter for Shenmue 3
Elusive creator of the fan-favoured Shenmue series Yu Suzuki has confirmed that he's researching Kickstarter as an option for creating the final part of the series.
Suzuki has made an appearance at this year's GDC to talk about development of the first Shenmue game and he's fielded some questions on the future of the series. During the Q&A after his developer session he indicated that he would like to make Shenmue 3 if the “right opportunity” presented itself.
Afterwards Eurogamer pressed him to see if he'd been looking at Kickstarter as a way of funding the game. He replied, "Yes, I am researching it."
The series has been on hiatus since SEGA shelved it after they canned the Dreamcast and transitioned to a software-only company and fans have been a little upset about being left hanging after the end of Shenmue 2. It emerged earlier this year that SEGA has let their trademark of the series lapse.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too