Yu Suzuki exploring Kickstarter for Shenmue 3
Elusive creator of the fan-favoured Shenmue series Yu Suzuki has confirmed that he's researching Kickstarter as an option for creating the final part of the series.
Suzuki has made an appearance at this year's GDC to talk about development of the first Shenmue game and he's fielded some questions on the future of the series. During the Q&A after his developer session he indicated that he would like to make Shenmue 3 if the “right opportunity” presented itself.
Afterwards Eurogamer pressed him to see if he'd been looking at Kickstarter as a way of funding the game. He replied, "Yes, I am researching it."
The series has been on hiatus since SEGA shelved it after they canned the Dreamcast and transitioned to a software-only company and fans have been a little upset about being left hanging after the end of Shenmue 2. It emerged earlier this year that SEGA has let their trademark of the series lapse.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes