DirectX 12 should help improve the Xbox One's visuals says Microsoft
With Microsoft set to hold their DirectX 12 press conference this afternoon at the GDC in San Francisco news has emerged that the new version could do as much to improve visuals on the Xbox One as it does on the PC.
Product planning director for Xbox, Albert Penello has revealed in conversations on Reddit that DirectX 12 will help boost performance on the Xbox One.
Penello stated, "The teams are always looking to improve graphics performance. DX12 is one way, as well as other work going on. This is how games will look better over time. I'm confident games will keep getting more amazing."
DirectX 12 is believed to be taking centre stage in Microsoft's games development plans for PC, tablets and phones as well as on the Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3