Nintendo probably one hardware release from telling us the future of gaming says Peter Molyneux
Despite not being sold on the Wii U Peter Molyneux believes that Nintendo can never be counted out of the console hardware race.
The creator of innovative games like Populous and Black And White believes that Nintendo are smart enough that they should never be underestimated.
“Well,” he began, “I mean the problem at Nintendo is that they did a fantastic job of finding these millions of new players with the Wii, and the Wii U kind of does that but also tries to bring in the existing gamers as well, so I think they may have lost their way a bit. But they’re super-smart people.”
He added, “Never underestimate Nintendo. They’re probably one hardware release away from something that utterly convinces us that they know exactly what the future of games should be. I wouldn’t deign to give them advice.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3