Nintendo probably one hardware release from telling us the future of gaming says Peter Molyneux
Despite not being sold on the Wii U Peter Molyneux believes that Nintendo can never be counted out of the console hardware race.
The creator of innovative games like Populous and Black And White believes that Nintendo are smart enough that they should never be underestimated.
“Well,” he began, “I mean the problem at Nintendo is that they did a fantastic job of finding these millions of new players with the Wii, and the Wii U kind of does that but also tries to bring in the existing gamers as well, so I think they may have lost their way a bit. But they’re super-smart people.”
He added, “Never underestimate Nintendo. They’re probably one hardware release away from something that utterly convinces us that they know exactly what the future of games should be. I wouldn’t deign to give them advice.”
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto