Nintendo probably one hardware release from telling us the future of gaming says Peter Molyneux
Despite not being sold on the Wii U Peter Molyneux believes that Nintendo can never be counted out of the console hardware race.
The creator of innovative games like Populous and Black And White believes that Nintendo are smart enough that they should never be underestimated.
“Well,” he began, “I mean the problem at Nintendo is that they did a fantastic job of finding these millions of new players with the Wii, and the Wii U kind of does that but also tries to bring in the existing gamers as well, so I think they may have lost their way a bit. But they’re super-smart people.”
He added, “Never underestimate Nintendo. They’re probably one hardware release away from something that utterly convinces us that they know exactly what the future of games should be. I wouldn’t deign to give them advice.”
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like