StarCraft: Ghost is still a viable concept says Blizzard
Blizzard has offered up a shred of hope for the long-lost action title based on the StarCraft series, StarCraft: Ghost.
Mayberry has revealed that the is still a viable concept for Blizzard and they would at least like to do it although it's probably a bit of a long shot at the moment.
"When we set out to do it originally we were GameCube, PS2 and Xbox,” Mayberry continued, “and after we shelved that I used to say that at that time we were very ready to make a Blizzard game on consoles but those consoles weren't ready for a Blizzard game. We just couldn't quite get what we wanted to do just because of those machines at the time."
"I don't know,” Mayberry concluded. “Maybe some day we'll take another look at that but I don't think it'll be any time soon. I think it's an idea that still lives inside the halls of Blizzard."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday