Xbox chief product officer Marc Whitten leaving Microsoft
Microsoft has announced that their chief product officer for Xbox, Marc Whitten is to leave the company.
Whitten has spent 14 years at Microsoft and has been part of every console launch the company has ever done. The remainder of the Xbox team will remain intact and will report to Terry Myerson executive VP overseeing the teams building software platform and experiences for Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox for the time being.
Whitten said on his departure, "I have had the extreme pleasure over the last 14 years to work on the greatest product with the greatest team and for the greatest community. Xbox is so special because of the amazing team I've had the opportunity to work with and because our fans are the most incredible fans on the planet. It has been the highlight of my career to work on a product so loved. It's incredibly tough to leave but I am confident the best days are ahead for Xbox fans, in the capable hands of a very talented team."
Whitten leaves Microsoft to take up a role as chief product officer for wireless audio company Sonos.
Microsoft Studios corporate VP Phil Spencer paid tribute to Whitten saying, "I've had the pleasure of working with Marc for more than a decade and he has always led Xbox forward with a focus on our fans and delivering a platform that developers and creators can embrace to deliver incredible entertainment. We wish Marc well, while looking forward to the next chapter of Xbox."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One