Wii looks to pass Xbox 360 soon
Sales of the Wii console could very soon surpass those of the Xbox 360 - despite Microsoft's year-long lead over the rival system from Nintendo. The latest figures from the VG Chartz website, which claims to use retailer figures from around the globe, estimates that 10.10 million Wii units have been shifted, versus 10.32 million Xbox 360s.
While the figures aren't official, VG Chartz promise to provide "very accurate projections of the latest console sell through figures worldwide". Over-the-counter sales data is used. The Wii's success in Japan seems to be the main driving force - while the 360s failure in the same region sees the console struggling to make up the difference in other regions.
VG Chartz predicts that the PS3 has shifted 4.11 million systems, including 1.08m in Japan, 1.78m in the US and 1.25m elsewhere. The DS, meanwhile, has managed 46.83 million worldwide while the PSP has so far shifted 22.37 million - if you believe the site's number-magic.
All the latest console sales news as we get it.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree