Xbox Cloud making Titanfall even better says Respawn
Respawn has been talking about how the Xbox Cloud is used for Titanfall and how it enhanced the game.
Speaking on Major Nelson's podcast Respawn engineer Jon Shiring explained to cloud sceptics that the cloud is real and is providing tangible benefits for Titanfall players on Xbox One.
“There’s a lot of things we’re doing in this that’s really different from how any other game has done it before,” he explained. “In the traditional model of dedicated servers is you go to your server and that is your home base. One of the key things that is interesting about the Xbox Live Compute that runs on Azure is that they’ve commodotised servers so much, that we just don’t care.”
“I can ask for a server, use it for 10 seconds, and then go like, ‘ah we don’t need it anymore’ and throw it out,” Shiring continued. “We bounce people around server to server, and so you’re hitting a lot of different servers and that let’s us do cool things.”
“So,” he added, “there’s been a lot of interesting changes because of that idea that’s gone through everything from matchmaking and skill and how we do the training in the beginning of the game and all these things.”
Titanfall is out now on PC and Xbox One. The Xbox 360 version is due out on March 25th in North America and March 28th in Europe and the UK.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year