Sony unveils their VR headset, Project Morpheus
The rumour mill has come up good again with Sony unveiling their new VR headset at the GDC this week.
In a presentation entitled 'Driving the Future of Innovation' Sony lifted the lid on Project Morpheus their new VR headset for the PlayStation 4.
Sony Magic Lab's Richard Marks, the architect of the project along with the Eyetoy and PS Move said, "The thing that makes VR special is really the feeling of being in another place... there's no way to explain it to you that will make sense, but it's that feeling of presence. VR is going to be pervasive, and what I mean by that is it's going to be used for all sorts of things you might not think it would be used for."
"We have seen passionate people at Oculus VR and Valve introduce VR prototypes and share their learnings,” Yoshida-san added. “I have an enormous amount of respect for them. This shows how all of us as an industry can rally around a new medium like VR to push gaming forward."
Morpheus is still in prototype form at the minute so there's no news on when Sony will be bringing the device to market.
Thanks The Verge.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey