Japan sees upsurge in PS3 sales
Japanese sales of the PlayStation 3 console have picked-up in the last week, much to the joy of Sony no doubt, sales hitting 28,829 for the week - compared to a number roughly half this in the week before. The Xbox 360, meanwhile, was left languishing on about 4,000 sales.
The Wii, meanwhile, still leads the field, with sales of 77,000, with the DS also doing well on 35,000. The PSP is also up, matching the DS also on 35,000 units sold, while the PS2 is still comfortably out-gunning the Xbox 360 at 12,000.
Mario Party 8 was Japan's top-selling game of the week on 265,000 copies sold, with Hot Shots Golf 5 for the PS3 following with 152,000.
It's a Wonderful Life, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, GTA: Liberty City Stories and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion also join the Japanese top ten this week. More as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year