Japan sees upsurge in PS3 sales
Japanese sales of the PlayStation 3 console have picked-up in the last week, much to the joy of Sony no doubt, sales hitting 28,829 for the week - compared to a number roughly half this in the week before. The Xbox 360, meanwhile, was left languishing on about 4,000 sales.
The Wii, meanwhile, still leads the field, with sales of 77,000, with the DS also doing well on 35,000. The PSP is also up, matching the DS also on 35,000 units sold, while the PS2 is still comfortably out-gunning the Xbox 360 at 12,000.
Mario Party 8 was Japan's top-selling game of the week on 265,000 copies sold, with Hot Shots Golf 5 for the PS3 following with 152,000.
It's a Wonderful Life, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, GTA: Liberty City Stories and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion also join the Japanese top ten this week. More as we get it.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release