SimCity offline mode “almost there”
EA Maxis has announced that the update that will enable SimCity's offline mode has entered final testing.
Update 10 will bring the much-desired offline mode to SimCity just over a year after the game shipped, causing controversy over its requirement for an always-on connection and rampant server issues.
The news was announced over the official SimCity Twitter account saying, “Update 10 is in final testing. Almost there Mayors.”
In January Maxis announced plans to add an offline mode to the game in order to open it up for modders to mess around with and add content.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title