SimCity offline mode “almost there”
EA Maxis has announced that the update that will enable SimCity's offline mode has entered final testing.
Update 10 will bring the much-desired offline mode to SimCity just over a year after the game shipped, causing controversy over its requirement for an always-on connection and rampant server issues.
The news was announced over the official SimCity Twitter account saying, “Update 10 is in final testing. Almost there Mayors.”
In January Maxis announced plans to add an offline mode to the game in order to open it up for modders to mess around with and add content.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO