SimCity offline mode “almost there”
EA Maxis has announced that the update that will enable SimCity's offline mode has entered final testing.
Update 10 will bring the much-desired offline mode to SimCity just over a year after the game shipped, causing controversy over its requirement for an always-on connection and rampant server issues.
The news was announced over the official SimCity Twitter account saying, “Update 10 is in final testing. Almost there Mayors.”
In January Maxis announced plans to add an offline mode to the game in order to open it up for modders to mess around with and add content.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone