SimCity offline mode “almost there”
EA Maxis has announced that the update that will enable SimCity's offline mode has entered final testing.
Update 10 will bring the much-desired offline mode to SimCity just over a year after the game shipped, causing controversy over its requirement for an always-on connection and rampant server issues.
The news was announced over the official SimCity Twitter account saying, “Update 10 is in final testing. Almost there Mayors.”
In January Maxis announced plans to add an offline mode to the game in order to open it up for modders to mess around with and add content.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though