SimCity offline mode “almost there”
EA Maxis has announced that the update that will enable SimCity's offline mode has entered final testing.
Update 10 will bring the much-desired offline mode to SimCity just over a year after the game shipped, causing controversy over its requirement for an always-on connection and rampant server issues.
The news was announced over the official SimCity Twitter account saying, “Update 10 is in final testing. Almost there Mayors.”
In January Maxis announced plans to add an offline mode to the game in order to open it up for modders to mess around with and add content.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year