Leipzig GC 2007 promises big
The organisers of the Leipzig Games Convention are promising their biggest ever event, with some 200,000 visitors expected to attend the show being held in the German city an hour from the capital, Berlin.
Indeed, the show looks set to be an even larger showcase than Santa Monica's E3, which lured just 60,000 industry types over the three days of the show. Games Convention will run from August 23rd to 26th, and includes both industry and public spaces and events.
Something for everyone is promised of this year's Leipzig with 410 exhibitors on hand to show off their wares - halls 2, 3 and 4 providing a public showcase for the industry, while hall 1 will play host to the business dealings of the event. Hall 5 will display GC family and GC art related goodies.
"The GC is experiencing another growth spurt this year," beamed managing director Josef Rahmen. "Both the number of exhibiting companies and the individual presentation areas have clearly expanded over the last year."
We'll be on hand, notepads at the ready, to bring you all the latest live from the show.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold