Leipzig GC 2007 promises big
The organisers of the Leipzig Games Convention are promising their biggest ever event, with some 200,000 visitors expected to attend the show being held in the German city an hour from the capital, Berlin.
Indeed, the show looks set to be an even larger showcase than Santa Monica's E3, which lured just 60,000 industry types over the three days of the show. Games Convention will run from August 23rd to 26th, and includes both industry and public spaces and events.
Something for everyone is promised of this year's Leipzig with 410 exhibitors on hand to show off their wares - halls 2, 3 and 4 providing a public showcase for the industry, while hall 1 will play host to the business dealings of the event. Hall 5 will display GC family and GC art related goodies.
"The GC is experiencing another growth spurt this year," beamed managing director Josef Rahmen. "Both the number of exhibiting companies and the individual presentation areas have clearly expanded over the last year."
We'll be on hand, notepads at the ready, to bring you all the latest live from the show.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year