Leipzig GC 2007 promises big
The organisers of the Leipzig Games Convention are promising their biggest ever event, with some 200,000 visitors expected to attend the show being held in the German city an hour from the capital, Berlin.
Indeed, the show looks set to be an even larger showcase than Santa Monica's E3, which lured just 60,000 industry types over the three days of the show. Games Convention will run from August 23rd to 26th, and includes both industry and public spaces and events.
Something for everyone is promised of this year's Leipzig with 410 exhibitors on hand to show off their wares - halls 2, 3 and 4 providing a public showcase for the industry, while hall 1 will play host to the business dealings of the event. Hall 5 will display GC family and GC art related goodies.
"The GC is experiencing another growth spurt this year," beamed managing director Josef Rahmen. "Both the number of exhibiting companies and the individual presentation areas have clearly expanded over the last year."
We'll be on hand, notepads at the ready, to bring you all the latest live from the show.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi