Leipzig GC 2007 promises big
The organisers of the Leipzig Games Convention are promising their biggest ever event, with some 200,000 visitors expected to attend the show being held in the German city an hour from the capital, Berlin.
Indeed, the show looks set to be an even larger showcase than Santa Monica's E3, which lured just 60,000 industry types over the three days of the show. Games Convention will run from August 23rd to 26th, and includes both industry and public spaces and events.
Something for everyone is promised of this year's Leipzig with 410 exhibitors on hand to show off their wares - halls 2, 3 and 4 providing a public showcase for the industry, while hall 1 will play host to the business dealings of the event. Hall 5 will display GC family and GC art related goodies.
"The GC is experiencing another growth spurt this year," beamed managing director Josef Rahmen. "Both the number of exhibiting companies and the individual presentation areas have clearly expanded over the last year."
We'll be on hand, notepads at the ready, to bring you all the latest live from the show.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release