Leipzig GC 2007 promises big
The organisers of the Leipzig Games Convention are promising their biggest ever event, with some 200,000 visitors expected to attend the show being held in the German city an hour from the capital, Berlin.
Indeed, the show looks set to be an even larger showcase than Santa Monica's E3, which lured just 60,000 industry types over the three days of the show. Games Convention will run from August 23rd to 26th, and includes both industry and public spaces and events.
Something for everyone is promised of this year's Leipzig with 410 exhibitors on hand to show off their wares - halls 2, 3 and 4 providing a public showcase for the industry, while hall 1 will play host to the business dealings of the event. Hall 5 will display GC family and GC art related goodies.
"The GC is experiencing another growth spurt this year," beamed managing director Josef Rahmen. "Both the number of exhibiting companies and the individual presentation areas have clearly expanded over the last year."
We'll be on hand, notepads at the ready, to bring you all the latest live from the show.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny