UK games industry tax relief announcement expected this week
It is believed that the UK government is set to announce that tax relief for the UK games industry is on its way finally.
The measures that the government had planned to bring in on April 1st 2013 had been caught up in EU red tape but it is now being suggested by a source close to the UK's Department for Culture, Media and Sport that the European Commission has greenlit the measures and they could be included in the Chancellor's Budget speech on Wednesday.
The UK games industry has been campaigning for tax relief for some time to help put it on a part with countries like France and Canada whose games industries have thrived on the generous tax breaks offered by their respective governments.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3