Bungie explain Halo 3 co-op poser
Having previously stated that online co-op play might not be included in the final release of eagerly-awaited FPS Halo 3, Bungie have been explaining why the ambiguity in their latest weekly update.
"Online co-op is a feature we're wrestling with somewhere," writes Frank O'Connor. "As we approach the tail end of development, we will have a clearer picture of whether or not that online feature will be included. Assuming either way would be foolish at this time. We will say more when we feel it's prudent."
O'Connor further explains that it's all about technical challenges. "The challenge of getting our complicated AI systems, huge game world, and gargantuan encounters neatly packaged and transferring across the Interwebz is a mythic undertaking," he tells us.
In the update, Bungie also reveal the Covenant energy sword, WETA's Warthog from the short film, and their attempts to track down the world's biggest Halo fan. More as we get it.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015