Nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to sell says Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima has revealed that the success of Metal Gear Solid came very much as a surprise to both him and publisher Konami.
Speaking in a recent interview over on Konami's Twitch channel Kojima-san revealed that nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to become the runaway success that it was.
"Neither I nor anyone else expected Metal Gear Solid to sell at all,” Kojima explained, “so I was fortunate because I didn't have to think, ‘I have to sell this game this much,' so pretty much all I did was put in the game all the things I liked. Also, people surrounding me didn't have expectations. I didn't have the pressure of ‘you have to sell this much,' so that was really good."
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is out next week on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria