Nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to sell says Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima has revealed that the success of Metal Gear Solid came very much as a surprise to both him and publisher Konami.
Speaking in a recent interview over on Konami's Twitch channel Kojima-san revealed that nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to become the runaway success that it was.
"Neither I nor anyone else expected Metal Gear Solid to sell at all,” Kojima explained, “so I was fortunate because I didn't have to think, ‘I have to sell this game this much,' so pretty much all I did was put in the game all the things I liked. Also, people surrounding me didn't have expectations. I didn't have the pressure of ‘you have to sell this much,' so that was really good."
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is out next week on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released