Nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to sell says Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima has revealed that the success of Metal Gear Solid came very much as a surprise to both him and publisher Konami.
Speaking in a recent interview over on Konami's Twitch channel Kojima-san revealed that nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to become the runaway success that it was.
"Neither I nor anyone else expected Metal Gear Solid to sell at all,” Kojima explained, “so I was fortunate because I didn't have to think, ‘I have to sell this game this much,' so pretty much all I did was put in the game all the things I liked. Also, people surrounding me didn't have expectations. I didn't have the pressure of ‘you have to sell this much,' so that was really good."
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is out next week on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes