Nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to sell says Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima has revealed that the success of Metal Gear Solid came very much as a surprise to both him and publisher Konami.
Speaking in a recent interview over on Konami's Twitch channel Kojima-san revealed that nobody expected Metal Gear Solid to become the runaway success that it was.
"Neither I nor anyone else expected Metal Gear Solid to sell at all,” Kojima explained, “so I was fortunate because I didn't have to think, ‘I have to sell this game this much,' so pretty much all I did was put in the game all the things I liked. Also, people surrounding me didn't have expectations. I didn't have the pressure of ‘you have to sell this much,' so that was really good."
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is out next week on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update