Warner Bros resurrecting Gauntlet on the PC
Warner Bros has announced a new reboot of Midway's venerable arcade RPG Gauntlet for PC.
The new Gauntlet is an action RPG based on the sensibilities of the original arcade game and is in development at Arrowhead Studios.
It will feature up to four player co-op multiplayer featuring the familiar Warrior, Wizard, Elf and Valkyrie characters slashing and blasting their way through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons.
"To us at Arrowhead, Gauntlet is one of the most defining games from our childhoods, and it's amazing to be able to work with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on a brand new version,” said Johan Pilestedt, CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios. “Gauntlet is one of the original and best known video game properties and we are looking forward to creating a fresh, yet true to the original, take on a multiplayer masterpiece.”
Gauntlet is set to release on PC with full support for Steam OS later this summer.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year