Warner Bros resurrecting Gauntlet on the PC
Warner Bros has announced a new reboot of Midway's venerable arcade RPG Gauntlet for PC.
The new Gauntlet is an action RPG based on the sensibilities of the original arcade game and is in development at Arrowhead Studios.
It will feature up to four player co-op multiplayer featuring the familiar Warrior, Wizard, Elf and Valkyrie characters slashing and blasting their way through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons.
"To us at Arrowhead, Gauntlet is one of the most defining games from our childhoods, and it's amazing to be able to work with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on a brand new version,” said Johan Pilestedt, CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios. “Gauntlet is one of the original and best known video game properties and we are looking forward to creating a fresh, yet true to the original, take on a multiplayer masterpiece.”
Gauntlet is set to release on PC with full support for Steam OS later this summer.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title