Warner Bros resurrecting Gauntlet on the PC
Warner Bros has announced a new reboot of Midway's venerable arcade RPG Gauntlet for PC.
The new Gauntlet is an action RPG based on the sensibilities of the original arcade game and is in development at Arrowhead Studios.
It will feature up to four player co-op multiplayer featuring the familiar Warrior, Wizard, Elf and Valkyrie characters slashing and blasting their way through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons.
"To us at Arrowhead, Gauntlet is one of the most defining games from our childhoods, and it's amazing to be able to work with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on a brand new version,” said Johan Pilestedt, CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios. “Gauntlet is one of the original and best known video game properties and we are looking forward to creating a fresh, yet true to the original, take on a multiplayer masterpiece.”
Gauntlet is set to release on PC with full support for Steam OS later this summer.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One