Warner Bros resurrecting Gauntlet on the PC
Warner Bros has announced a new reboot of Midway's venerable arcade RPG Gauntlet for PC.
The new Gauntlet is an action RPG based on the sensibilities of the original arcade game and is in development at Arrowhead Studios.
It will feature up to four player co-op multiplayer featuring the familiar Warrior, Wizard, Elf and Valkyrie characters slashing and blasting their way through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons.
"To us at Arrowhead, Gauntlet is one of the most defining games from our childhoods, and it's amazing to be able to work with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on a brand new version,” said Johan Pilestedt, CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios. “Gauntlet is one of the original and best known video game properties and we are looking forward to creating a fresh, yet true to the original, take on a multiplayer masterpiece.”
Gauntlet is set to release on PC with full support for Steam OS later this summer.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release