The Witcher 3 delay hasn't had a knock-on effect on Cyberpunk 2077
CD Projekt RED has announced that the delay on The Witcher 3 will have no effect on when they release their other big upcoming title Cyberpunk 2077.
Marcin Iwinski, CEO of the Polich developer has explained that the Cyberpunk 2077 team is completely separate team and as a such it's not affected by the delay of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
"Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by a separate team within CD Projekt Red, so the development of Cyberpunk 2077 is not really affected,” Iwinski emphasised. “In order to ship a huge RPG we do use help of certain team members between teams. It works this way between Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3."
He added, "We are working hard to deliver an outstanding RPG and rest assured, that all the learnings on The Witcher 3 are being applied to the Cyberpunk 2077 development."
Cyberpunk 2077 is believed to be heading to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3