Phil Spencer has “a lot of respect” for Sony, does play PS4 and Wii U
Microsoft's Phil Spencer has been talking a bit about his love of gaming and the respect he has for Sony.
In a new interview with Geoff Keighley at the SXSW gaming convention last weekend had a low key dig at fanboyism explaining that he's learned a lot from playing games on PS4 and Wii U.
“I have ton of respect for people at Sony and the franchises they build,” Spencer stated. “The same with Nintendo, or my friends at Valve… In the end what we all wanna do is to take this art form of playing games and experiencing the breaking down of the wall between the narrative and interaction...”
He continued addressing the fans, “I love the fans that we have, but being a fan of Xbox doesn’t mean you can’t be a fan of something else, or that you have to be an anti-fan of some other brand. I own a PlayStation 4. I play games on my PlayStation 4. I own and I play games on my Wii U. I learn a ton from what happens on those other platforms.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3