Rumour: Activision set to make PS4 the lead platform for Call Of Duty
Microsoft has had the Call Of Duty series locked down with timed exclusivity deals on Xbox 360 but it seems like Activision might be preparing to jump ship to the PS4.
Known NeoGAF tipster famousmortimer has heard rumblings that Activision is ready to announce the PS4 as Call Of Duty's new lead platform.
He stated, “I heard that Activision is going to make a public announcement about COD changing to the PS4 as lead platform. I have no idea if this means DLC (I assume MS locked that down for multiple years) but COD was a XBOX 360 game that happened to be on the PS3 last gen. That will be a hugely symbolic move... and don't discount what that means to the masses.”
This is just a rumour but it could prove to be significant if true as it will loosen Microsoft's grip on one of the largest and most fanatical fanbases in the gaming world.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3