Rumour: Activision set to make PS4 the lead platform for Call Of Duty
Microsoft has had the Call Of Duty series locked down with timed exclusivity deals on Xbox 360 but it seems like Activision might be preparing to jump ship to the PS4.
Known NeoGAF tipster famousmortimer has heard rumblings that Activision is ready to announce the PS4 as Call Of Duty's new lead platform.
He stated, “I heard that Activision is going to make a public announcement about COD changing to the PS4 as lead platform. I have no idea if this means DLC (I assume MS locked that down for multiple years) but COD was a XBOX 360 game that happened to be on the PS3 last gen. That will be a hugely symbolic move... and don't discount what that means to the masses.”
This is just a rumour but it could prove to be significant if true as it will loosen Microsoft's grip on one of the largest and most fanatical fanbases in the gaming world.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today