Possible Mafia III details outed by a casting call
After being out of the news for over a year Mafia III has appeared back on the radar.
Details of a Take-Two (2K's parent company) casting call seem to indicate something about the setting and main characters to feature in Mafia III although the game is explicitly referenced by name.
The casting call outlines three characters - a tough prominent criminal of mixed race, Franklin, an introverted, immaculately dressed mathematical genius and numbers guy, Tony, and a vulnerable young street hustler called Mickey – all of whom are from Louisiana.
Mafia III has been rumoured to be in development for next-gen consoles for some time at 2K Czech with assistance from GTA V lead developer Rockstar North.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3