Xbox gets Island Thunder
Publisher Ubi Soft are set to deliver the Xbox it's first 'campaign' disc, in the shape of Island Thunder, a stand-alone title, based on the recently released Ghost Recon. The new game will be out in the third-quarter of this year.
Those purchasing the new 'campaign' disk are being promised access to exclusive downloadable content in the future. The new game includes: a dozen game types and 12 multiplayer maps for Xbox Live play (the 'shared battlefield' of the original), including 4 maps from the first ghost Recon.
"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon is one of our most popular games on Xbox Live and has everyone going wild!" gushed Microsoft’s Michel Cassius. "With Xbox Live, gamers can download exciting new content like, missions and maps, injecting new energy into gameplay, and keeping games like this fresh and engaging."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One