Xbox gets Island Thunder
Publisher Ubi Soft are set to deliver the Xbox it's first 'campaign' disc, in the shape of Island Thunder, a stand-alone title, based on the recently released Ghost Recon. The new game will be out in the third-quarter of this year.
Those purchasing the new 'campaign' disk are being promised access to exclusive downloadable content in the future. The new game includes: a dozen game types and 12 multiplayer maps for Xbox Live play (the 'shared battlefield' of the original), including 4 maps from the first ghost Recon.
"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon is one of our most popular games on Xbox Live and has everyone going wild!" gushed Microsoft’s Michel Cassius. "With Xbox Live, gamers can download exciting new content like, missions and maps, injecting new energy into gameplay, and keeping games like this fresh and engaging."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit