Xbox gets Island Thunder
Publisher Ubi Soft are set to deliver the Xbox it's first 'campaign' disc, in the shape of Island Thunder, a stand-alone title, based on the recently released Ghost Recon. The new game will be out in the third-quarter of this year.
Those purchasing the new 'campaign' disk are being promised access to exclusive downloadable content in the future. The new game includes: a dozen game types and 12 multiplayer maps for Xbox Live play (the 'shared battlefield' of the original), including 4 maps from the first ghost Recon.
"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon is one of our most popular games on Xbox Live and has everyone going wild!" gushed Microsoft’s Michel Cassius. "With Xbox Live, gamers can download exciting new content like, missions and maps, injecting new energy into gameplay, and keeping games like this fresh and engaging."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title