Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer