Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3