Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold