Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine