Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015