Watch Dogs' E3 2012 reveal was too early says the game's creative director
Ubisoft Montreal's Jonathan Morin, creative director on Watch Dogs has stated that they revealed the game too early.
Morin revealed that the Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot pressured the studio into bringing Watch Dogs to E3 2012 for the big reveal. He stated, "They forced us to go at E3 2012. We didn't know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start. But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs is due to be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
Thanks Edge Issue 265 via VideoGamer.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal