Respawn: We won't be doing on-disc DLC for Titanfall
Respawn's community manager, Abbie Heppe has been talking about their approach on the touchy subject of downloadable content delivery.
Heppe explained that, while there is premium DLC planned for Titanfall, there was no way that they would include that DLC on the game disc that ships this week.
She began, "I totally get [why on-disc DLC is a thorny topic], because nobody wants to have a disc and then have something that's unlocked on the disc and be like 'why are you charging me for something that you shipped with the game'? We don't touch that; that is scary community territory.”
"But that said,” she continued, “we're a multiplayer game and you have to support multiplayer games after launch. The community wants it, we want it, and it certainly is the standard. But again, some of that comes from, 'OK you guys have played the game now, what did you like, what do you want', and seeing what we can feasibly do within the time periods that we have to get it done."
Titanfall is out today on PC and Xbox One in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK. The Xbox 360 version is due to be released on March 25th in North America and March 28th in Europe and the UK.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year