Respawn: We won't be doing on-disc DLC for Titanfall
Respawn's community manager, Abbie Heppe has been talking about their approach on the touchy subject of downloadable content delivery.
Heppe explained that, while there is premium DLC planned for Titanfall, there was no way that they would include that DLC on the game disc that ships this week.
She began, "I totally get [why on-disc DLC is a thorny topic], because nobody wants to have a disc and then have something that's unlocked on the disc and be like 'why are you charging me for something that you shipped with the game'? We don't touch that; that is scary community territory.”
"But that said,” she continued, “we're a multiplayer game and you have to support multiplayer games after launch. The community wants it, we want it, and it certainly is the standard. But again, some of that comes from, 'OK you guys have played the game now, what did you like, what do you want', and seeing what we can feasibly do within the time periods that we have to get it done."
Titanfall is out today on PC and Xbox One in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK. The Xbox 360 version is due to be released on March 25th in North America and March 28th in Europe and the UK.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year