Star Citizen funding passes 40 million USD
Chris Roberts' return to game development has passed the 40 million USD crowd-funding mark.
The 40 million USD stretch goal is the addition of two new star systems for the game's players to explore, the Kabal system and the Oretani system.
The Kabal system is a bit of a mystery as Kabal III is home to the ruins of an unknown Tevarin colony resplendent with ruined cities and a cache of Tevarin war machines some of which had been made in the last ten years.
The Oretani system was discovered in the 25th century but the only jump point in the system collapsed stranding the terraforming teams in the system. Decades later no-one knows if the terraforming crews survived on not or if the system's one-and-only jump point will open up again.
For more information and the opportunity to fund Star Citizen head over to the Roberts Space Industries website.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer