Titanfall to launch at 792p on Xbox One
Respawn Entertainment has revealed that they have missed their target resolution of 900p for Titanfall and it will launch at 792p as it ran in the beta.
It appears that they will be trying to improve this at some point but, because of the Xbox One's ESRAM, the choice will be between 1080p without anti-aliasing or 900p with full screen anti-aliasing.
"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower,” explained Respawn lead engineer Richard Baker. “One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target."
"We're going to experiment,” he continued. “The target is either 1080p non-anti-aliased or 900p with FXAA. We're trying to optimise... we don't want to give up anything for higher res. So far we're not 100 per cent happy with any of the options, we're still working on it. For day one it's not going to change. We're still looking at it for post-day one. We're likely to increase resolution after we ship."
Titanfall launches on PC and Xbox One tomorrow (March 11th) in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer