Titanfall to launch at 792p on Xbox One
Respawn Entertainment has revealed that they have missed their target resolution of 900p for Titanfall and it will launch at 792p as it ran in the beta.
It appears that they will be trying to improve this at some point but, because of the Xbox One's ESRAM, the choice will be between 1080p without anti-aliasing or 900p with full screen anti-aliasing.
"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower,” explained Respawn lead engineer Richard Baker. “One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target."
"We're going to experiment,” he continued. “The target is either 1080p non-anti-aliased or 900p with FXAA. We're trying to optimise... we don't want to give up anything for higher res. So far we're not 100 per cent happy with any of the options, we're still working on it. For day one it's not going to change. We're still looking at it for post-day one. We're likely to increase resolution after we ship."
Titanfall launches on PC and Xbox One tomorrow (March 11th) in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III