Ocarina of Time - best game ever?
The latest top 100 games list from well-respected gaming mag Edge places The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time at the top of the pile, after the publication polled readers and 'industry experts' on their favourite titles.
The 10 year-old Ocarina of Time was arguably the finest title ever to grace the N64 console, and made revolutionary use of 3D. Apparently, it is one of only five Edge-reviewed games to earn 10 out of 10, too. Five games exclusive to Ninty platforms also comprise the top ten, demonstrating the Big N's knack for creating definitive videogames.
Here's the top-ten in full:
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario 64
- Half Life 2
- Super Mario World
- Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Final Fantasy XII
- Super Metroid
Interestingly, only five titles from next-gen systems make the top 100 list: Pro Evo 6, Oblivion, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3 and Crackdown. "If we did this poll in five year's time, I would hope to see more PS3 and Xbox 360 games in the list. But I don't think anyone would argue we have seen that many classics in this new generation," Editor Tony Mott told the BBC.
The full top 100 list is being published in Edge tomorrow.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015