Ocarina of Time - best game ever?
The latest top 100 games list from well-respected gaming mag Edge places The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time at the top of the pile, after the publication polled readers and 'industry experts' on their favourite titles.
The 10 year-old Ocarina of Time was arguably the finest title ever to grace the N64 console, and made revolutionary use of 3D. Apparently, it is one of only five Edge-reviewed games to earn 10 out of 10, too. Five games exclusive to Ninty platforms also comprise the top ten, demonstrating the Big N's knack for creating definitive videogames.
Here's the top-ten in full:
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario 64
- Half Life 2
- Super Mario World
- Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Final Fantasy XII
- Super Metroid
Interestingly, only five titles from next-gen systems make the top 100 list: Pro Evo 6, Oblivion, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3 and Crackdown. "If we did this poll in five year's time, I would hope to see more PS3 and Xbox 360 games in the list. But I don't think anyone would argue we have seen that many classics in this new generation," Editor Tony Mott told the BBC.
The full top 100 list is being published in Edge tomorrow.
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities