Ocarina of Time - best game ever?
The latest top 100 games list from well-respected gaming mag Edge places The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time at the top of the pile, after the publication polled readers and 'industry experts' on their favourite titles.
The 10 year-old Ocarina of Time was arguably the finest title ever to grace the N64 console, and made revolutionary use of 3D. Apparently, it is one of only five Edge-reviewed games to earn 10 out of 10, too. Five games exclusive to Ninty platforms also comprise the top ten, demonstrating the Big N's knack for creating definitive videogames.
Here's the top-ten in full:
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina
- Resident Evil 4
- Super Mario 64
- Half Life 2
- Super Mario World
- Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Final Fantasy XII
- Super Metroid
Interestingly, only five titles from next-gen systems make the top 100 list: Pro Evo 6, Oblivion, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3 and Crackdown. "If we did this poll in five year's time, I would hope to see more PS3 and Xbox 360 games in the list. But I don't think anyone would argue we have seen that many classics in this new generation," Editor Tony Mott told the BBC.
The full top 100 list is being published in Edge tomorrow.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3