Sega and Sammy to merge
To of Japan’s largest and most illustrious gaming businesses, Sega and Sammy Corp are to merge from October. The new venture will give Sammy a much greater foothold in the games publishing industry, whilst Sega will no doubt benefit from the vast swathes of cash at Sammy’s disposal.
Sammy are the company behind Japan’s hugely successful pachinko arcade games, but have only left any real impression elsewhere through their Guilty Gear beat ‘em up titles. This may now change.
More on this as we get it.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015