Sega and Sammy to merge
To of Japan’s largest and most illustrious gaming businesses, Sega and Sammy Corp are to merge from October. The new venture will give Sammy a much greater foothold in the games publishing industry, whilst Sega will no doubt benefit from the vast swathes of cash at Sammy’s disposal.
Sammy are the company behind Japan’s hugely successful pachinko arcade games, but have only left any real impression elsewhere through their Guilty Gear beat ‘em up titles. This may now change.
More on this as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny