Sega and Sammy to merge
To of Japan’s largest and most illustrious gaming businesses, Sega and Sammy Corp are to merge from October. The new venture will give Sammy a much greater foothold in the games publishing industry, whilst Sega will no doubt benefit from the vast swathes of cash at Sammy’s disposal.
Sammy are the company behind Japan’s hugely successful pachinko arcade games, but have only left any real impression elsewhere through their Guilty Gear beat ‘em up titles. This may now change.
More on this as we get it.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims