Sega and Sammy to merge
To of Japan’s largest and most illustrious gaming businesses, Sega and Sammy Corp are to merge from October. The new venture will give Sammy a much greater foothold in the games publishing industry, whilst Sega will no doubt benefit from the vast swathes of cash at Sammy’s disposal.
Sammy are the company behind Japan’s hugely successful pachinko arcade games, but have only left any real impression elsewhere through their Guilty Gear beat ‘em up titles. This may now change.
More on this as we get it.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III