Sega and Sammy to merge
To of Japan’s largest and most illustrious gaming businesses, Sega and Sammy Corp are to merge from October. The new venture will give Sammy a much greater foothold in the games publishing industry, whilst Sega will no doubt benefit from the vast swathes of cash at Sammy’s disposal.
Sammy are the company behind Japan’s hugely successful pachinko arcade games, but have only left any real impression elsewhere through their Guilty Gear beat ‘em up titles. This may now change.
More on this as we get it.
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3