Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today
Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
It is the first game in the series to be developed by Warner Bros Montreal instead of the UK-based Rocksteady, the team that created the series. Instead of following on from the end of Arkham City, WB Montreal decided to turn the clock back and visit Batman's second year in Gotham.
The game takes place on Christmas as the city is torn apart by eight assassins and their gangs of thugs as they attempt to take out Batman to earn the 50 million USD bounty put on his head by the Black Mask.
The game's executive producer Reid Schneider said, “It’s a big responsibility taking on the Batman: Arkham franchise and the WB Games Montréal team has dedicated itself to giving players an experience that is worthy of the name.Batman: Arkham Origins allows fans to play through a new take on Batman’s story while experiencing some enhanced game-play mechanics.”
Batman: Arkham Origins is available now on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and on PC via Steam.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light