Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today
Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
It is the first game in the series to be developed by Warner Bros Montreal instead of the UK-based Rocksteady, the team that created the series. Instead of following on from the end of Arkham City, WB Montreal decided to turn the clock back and visit Batman's second year in Gotham.
The game takes place on Christmas as the city is torn apart by eight assassins and their gangs of thugs as they attempt to take out Batman to earn the 50 million USD bounty put on his head by the Black Mask.
The game's executive producer Reid Schneider said, “It’s a big responsibility taking on the Batman: Arkham franchise and the WB Games Montréal team has dedicated itself to giving players an experience that is worthy of the name.Batman: Arkham Origins allows fans to play through a new take on Batman’s story while experiencing some enhanced game-play mechanics.”
Batman: Arkham Origins is available now on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and on PC via Steam.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year