Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today
Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
It is the first game in the series to be developed by Warner Bros Montreal instead of the UK-based Rocksteady, the team that created the series. Instead of following on from the end of Arkham City, WB Montreal decided to turn the clock back and visit Batman's second year in Gotham.
The game takes place on Christmas as the city is torn apart by eight assassins and their gangs of thugs as they attempt to take out Batman to earn the 50 million USD bounty put on his head by the Black Mask.
The game's executive producer Reid Schneider said, “It’s a big responsibility taking on the Batman: Arkham franchise and the WB Games Montréal team has dedicated itself to giving players an experience that is worthy of the name.Batman: Arkham Origins allows fans to play through a new take on Batman’s story while experiencing some enhanced game-play mechanics.”
Batman: Arkham Origins is available now on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and on PC via Steam.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update