Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today
Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores today on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
It is the first game in the series to be developed by Warner Bros Montreal instead of the UK-based Rocksteady, the team that created the series. Instead of following on from the end of Arkham City, WB Montreal decided to turn the clock back and visit Batman's second year in Gotham.
The game takes place on Christmas as the city is torn apart by eight assassins and their gangs of thugs as they attempt to take out Batman to earn the 50 million USD bounty put on his head by the Black Mask.
The game's executive producer Reid Schneider said, “It’s a big responsibility taking on the Batman: Arkham franchise and the WB Games Montréal team has dedicated itself to giving players an experience that is worthy of the name.Batman: Arkham Origins allows fans to play through a new take on Batman’s story while experiencing some enhanced game-play mechanics.”
Batman: Arkham Origins is available now on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and on PC via Steam.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015