Windows 7 PC sales to cease this October
Microsoft has announced that they sales of PCs powered by Windows 7 will cease as of October of this year.
As of October the 31st prospective PC owners will no longer be able to buy machines pre-loaded with the Home Basic, Home Premium and Ultimate versions of Windows 7. PC with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed will still be available.
Extended support will still run up until January 14th 2014. Extended support for the venerable Windows XP is due to end on April the 8th of this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3