Plundr for DS uses Wi-Fi positioning
An innovative new DS game from fledgling game developer area/code enters the gaming news arena today, and it goes by the ominous title of 'Plundr'.
Plundr promises to use your real-world location as part of the gameplay experience, placing 'islands' on an interactive streetmap which you must travel to. The game is a trading-strategy title about pirates, and you'll need to visit these real-world islands to trade booty, battle rivals and pilfer from merchant ships.
The new title has already attracted some interest for area/code, a New York based developer previously responsible for games including ConQuest, PacManhattan, and Big Urban Game. Plundr is already available for laptop based PC users, though launch plans for this DS version presently remain sketchy at best.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015