Watch Dogs delayed on the Wii U so Ubisoft can make the most of the platform
Ubisoft has shed some light on the ongoing delay of the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.
Yesterday Ubisoft announced a release date for Watch Dogs but the Wii U version was absent from the announcement. The game's senior producer Dominic Guay has promised that the Wii U version is still in existence and a 2014 release is still a possibility.
"Yeah it's still alive. We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though,” Guay explained. “So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping. We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."
He continued, "We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it. It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."
Watch Dogs is due for release on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer