Watch Dogs delayed on the Wii U so Ubisoft can make the most of the platform
Ubisoft has shed some light on the ongoing delay of the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.
Yesterday Ubisoft announced a release date for Watch Dogs but the Wii U version was absent from the announcement. The game's senior producer Dominic Guay has promised that the Wii U version is still in existence and a 2014 release is still a possibility.
"Yeah it's still alive. We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though,” Guay explained. “So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping. We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."
He continued, "We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it. It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."
Watch Dogs is due for release on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like