Watch Dogs delayed on the Wii U so Ubisoft can make the most of the platform
Ubisoft has shed some light on the ongoing delay of the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.
Yesterday Ubisoft announced a release date for Watch Dogs but the Wii U version was absent from the announcement. The game's senior producer Dominic Guay has promised that the Wii U version is still in existence and a 2014 release is still a possibility.
"Yeah it's still alive. We still haven't defined a ship date for it, though,” Guay explained. “So it's on hold, to a certain extent for shipping. We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."
He continued, "We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it. It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."
Watch Dogs is due for release on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May the 27th.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light