The Joker won't return in Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocksteady's Sefton Hill has confirmed that The Joker will not be making a surprise return in Batman: Arkham Knight.
To be fair, after three whole games where The Joker features as the main villain fans of the Arkham series are probebly ready for a change.
“One thing we really wanted to respect were the events of Arkham City,” says Hill. “He’s Dead D-Dead Dead Dead… Yes. There are references to Joker in the game. We wanted it to feel like what happens when Joker dies? What does that create in this universe? And it creates this kind of power vacuum.”
Batman: Arkham Knight is due out later this year (October is the current rumour) on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3