FIFA 08 glimpsed
Not even a Tibetan mountain goat was surprised today as FIFA 08 was confirmed for (deep breath) Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC, PS2, DS, PSP and mobile platforms - a release this autumn being on the cards.
Ronaldinho will be the star of the box, according to a press release from EA this morning, while Sergio Ramos and Miroslav Klose are also getting involved in the industrial strength promotional drive for the new soccer title.
One point of interest; this is the first FIFA outing set for the Wii and PS3 - so it will interesting to see if these particular editions are in any way distinguishable from the myriad of others.
Stars like Frank Ribery and Florent Malouda and presently being involved with the game's motion capture, which will be a key part of the new title, producer Joe Booth promising "a next gen experience that not only looks authentic, but that captures the emotion, finesse and beauty of the game."
More FIFA 08 as it weaves into our area.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title