FIFA 08 glimpsed
Not even a Tibetan mountain goat was surprised today as FIFA 08 was confirmed for (deep breath) Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC, PS2, DS, PSP and mobile platforms - a release this autumn being on the cards.
Ronaldinho will be the star of the box, according to a press release from EA this morning, while Sergio Ramos and Miroslav Klose are also getting involved in the industrial strength promotional drive for the new soccer title.
One point of interest; this is the first FIFA outing set for the Wii and PS3 - so it will interesting to see if these particular editions are in any way distinguishable from the myriad of others.
Stars like Frank Ribery and Florent Malouda and presently being involved with the game's motion capture, which will be a key part of the new title, producer Joe Booth promising "a next gen experience that not only looks authentic, but that captures the emotion, finesse and beauty of the game."
More FIFA 08 as it weaves into our area.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users