Titanfall to get both premium DLC and free updates
Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella has given some indication of what fans can expect in terms of DLC for Titanfall and the kind of experience the Xbox 360 version will offer.
Speaking in a new interview Zampella explained that they are working with Bluepoint Games, the team doing the 360 version to ensure that it will be as close to the Xbox One version as possible. He also stated that they plan to give both console versions the same level of support.
“I mean the game’s obviously not done yet,” Zampella explained. “[Bluepoint Games is] doing a port of our game. We just started our day on patch, so they now have to take that and integrate it into their game. So, they’re naturally lagging behind us. The goal is to get it as close as possible. Obviously it won’t be exact. It’s on a less powerful system.”
On the question post-launch support parity he added, ”we’ll have to sit down with EA and talk about that, but my assumption is yes.”
“We’re going to add in – there’s things that we want in the game that we didn’t get to ship in the final game, so we’ll add private matches and things like that for free,” Zampella stated on the DLC side of things. “We’re going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We’re not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price.”
Titanfall is due to arrive on the PC and Xbox One on March 11th in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK. The Xbox 360 version is scheduled for release on March the 25th in North America and March 28th in Europe and the UK.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell