Titanfall to get both premium DLC and free updates
Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella has given some indication of what fans can expect in terms of DLC for Titanfall and the kind of experience the Xbox 360 version will offer.
Speaking in a new interview Zampella explained that they are working with Bluepoint Games, the team doing the 360 version to ensure that it will be as close to the Xbox One version as possible. He also stated that they plan to give both console versions the same level of support.
“I mean the game’s obviously not done yet,” Zampella explained. “[Bluepoint Games is] doing a port of our game. We just started our day on patch, so they now have to take that and integrate it into their game. So, they’re naturally lagging behind us. The goal is to get it as close as possible. Obviously it won’t be exact. It’s on a less powerful system.”
On the question post-launch support parity he added, ”we’ll have to sit down with EA and talk about that, but my assumption is yes.”
“We’re going to add in – there’s things that we want in the game that we didn’t get to ship in the final game, so we’ll add private matches and things like that for free,” Zampella stated on the DLC side of things. “We’re going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We’re not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price.”
Titanfall is due to arrive on the PC and Xbox One on March 11th in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK. The Xbox 360 version is scheduled for release on March the 25th in North America and March 28th in Europe and the UK.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May