New Crash Bandicoot game exposed
Yet more Sierra news hot off the press this morning with the publisher revealing that a new Crash Bandicoot title is on the way, in the shape of Crash of the Titans. The new 'mad cap' adventure will be out on the Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, DS, GBA, PSP and mobile platforms this autumn. No word on a PS3 outing, oddly.In Crash of the Titans, players will once again battle arch-nemeses Neo and Nina Cortex, who want to mutate local creatures into 'titanic abominations'. Sierra promise 'outrageous antics and daredevil bravado', and in something of a twist on the usual formula players will ‘hijack’ enemies in order to control of their actions and use theirpowers against all manner of enemies.
"Crash Bandicoot – one of the most popular videogame characters of all time – is back and his all-new adventure brings with it more irreverent humor, family-friendly action, a wild cast of characters and amazing new titanic enemies to discover," beamed strategy officer Cindy Cook, of Vivendi Games. "Featuring advanced acrobatic combat and incredible co-op multiplayer, Crash of the Titans will be a fun and adventurous title for gamers of all ages."
Titanic creatures such as Scorporilla, Ratcicle, Magamadon and Shellephant will be available to battle and control, and many of them boast special features, such as laser-eyes. Crash also now boasts some new acrobatic moves, and we're promised a new array of combos and special moves. Crash can also 'skateboard' using Aku Aku on the ground, and co-op play is also mooted.
More on Crash soon, Raticles.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon