Folklore en route from Sony
Sony have revealed plans to deliver a brand new Game Republic fantasy-adventure title, being produced by Yoshiki Okamoto, most famous for previous titles including Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. Titled Folklore the new game is a PS3 exclusive that will blend western fairy tales with Japanese fantasy gameplay.
Folklore is set in the mysterious town of Doolin, where two strangers, Keats and Ellen, are trying to uncover a mysterious legend in a remote village that resides "on the border between dreams and reality." Perhaps inevitably, the town is a gateway to the realms of fantasy, and we're duly promised creatures, spirits and monsters. In order to solve the mystery of the town, and their past, the pair must journey through these worlds and uncover various fantastical secrets.
Seven rich realms are promised, from the Undersea City to the mazes of Endless Corridor, and it sounds like Game Republic are really letting their imaginations run wild. A cast of over 100 NPCs are promised - from monsters to friends, and players will be using the SIXAXIS controller to literally shake and yank foes into submission.
Each main character has their own back story and unique 'path', and we're told we'll be able to choose who to control at the outset, with both plots interweaving and impacting each other. More on Folklore as Sony deem us worthy.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree