Sony confirm PAIN for PS3
Sony Computer Entertainment America have today confirmed yet another new title for the PlayStation 3 console - the imaginatively titled PAIN. The game is said to be an 'action comedy' based around physics, and is seemingly aimed at the teenage market. The title will be released online via the PS3 Store in time for the festive season.
Taking 'Jack Ass' style escapades onto the theoretical next level, PAIN will see you utilising a man-size slingshot to launch yourself into a city at high-speed, the aim being to cause as much damage to yourself and the as much panic amid the populous as possible. Various ragdoll physics technologies have been applied, and you'll be able to pull certain moves in-flight as you bounce around the highly interactive environments.
Various co-operative and competition modes will feature online, and modes such as Spank the Monkey, Mime Toss and HORSE are planned. I kid you not. action replays will of course be saved for sharing online, and there will even be various rankings available.
No price has been offered as yet. More soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer