Japanese launch helps the PS4 pass the 6 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has now passed the 6 million units sold mark.
This has been helped in no small measure by a very successful Japanese launch that saw the console sell 370,000 units in just over a week.
Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said, “I am absolutely delighted that PS4 is off to such a great start in Japan. The responses we have received for the PS4 system’s integrated social capabilities have been phenomenal, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that gamers are utilising these unique features to engage, share, play and connect with users around the world. SCE will continue to expand the world of PlayStation by growing its library of breakthrough games and bringing more innovative features and services only possible on PS4.”
It has also seen some impressive software sales with 13.7 million PS4 titles sold including 2.1 million copies of Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014