Japanese launch helps the PS4 pass the 6 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has now passed the 6 million units sold mark.
This has been helped in no small measure by a very successful Japanese launch that saw the console sell 370,000 units in just over a week.
Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said, “I am absolutely delighted that PS4 is off to such a great start in Japan. The responses we have received for the PS4 system’s integrated social capabilities have been phenomenal, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that gamers are utilising these unique features to engage, share, play and connect with users around the world. SCE will continue to expand the world of PlayStation by growing its library of breakthrough games and bringing more innovative features and services only possible on PS4.”
It has also seen some impressive software sales with 13.7 million PS4 titles sold including 2.1 million copies of Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015