Japanese launch helps the PS4 pass the 6 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has now passed the 6 million units sold mark.
This has been helped in no small measure by a very successful Japanese launch that saw the console sell 370,000 units in just over a week.
Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said, “I am absolutely delighted that PS4 is off to such a great start in Japan. The responses we have received for the PS4 system’s integrated social capabilities have been phenomenal, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that gamers are utilising these unique features to engage, share, play and connect with users around the world. SCE will continue to expand the world of PlayStation by growing its library of breakthrough games and bringing more innovative features and services only possible on PS4.”
It has also seen some impressive software sales with 13.7 million PS4 titles sold including 2.1 million copies of Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May