Japanese launch helps the PS4 pass the 6 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has now passed the 6 million units sold mark.
This has been helped in no small measure by a very successful Japanese launch that saw the console sell 370,000 units in just over a week.
Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said, “I am absolutely delighted that PS4 is off to such a great start in Japan. The responses we have received for the PS4 system’s integrated social capabilities have been phenomenal, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that gamers are utilising these unique features to engage, share, play and connect with users around the world. SCE will continue to expand the world of PlayStation by growing its library of breakthrough games and bringing more innovative features and services only possible on PS4.”
It has also seen some impressive software sales with 13.7 million PS4 titles sold including 2.1 million copies of Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year