Blizzard preparing to run an early Heroes Of The Storm alpha test
Blizzard has announced that they are preparing to run a technical alpha test of their new MOBA Heroes Of The Storm.
They fully unveiled Heroes Of The Storm at last year's BlizzCon and bizarrely it's actually the developer's first MOBA title despite spawning the genre in the form of the fan-made Defense Of The Ancients Warcraft III mod ten years ago.
They stated on the upcoming technical alpha test:
“While Heroes of the Storm is playable and much of the core experience is present, it's still very much in the early stages of development. Work is ongoing and we're far from considering the game in a polished or finalized state, but after a period of extensive internal testing, we're ready to crack open the Nexus for the very first time and invite some players to step inside.”
“This initial testing phase is intended to help us better examine how our infrastructure and tech will function across a much broader spectrum of machines and connection types. What's more, inviting external Alpha testers will allow us to take a closer look at our hardware needs so that we can be absolutely sure we're able to support the entire Heroes population as the community grows."
For more information and even some advice on the possibility of getting involved head over to the Heroes Of The Storm blog on Blizzard's website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3