Turbine to cease development on Asheron's Call after 15 years
Turbine has announced that they are to cease development on their long-running MMORPG Asheron's Call.
It would be hard to be an MMO fan and not know about Asheron's Call as the game has been running for the best part of the last 15 years and now Turbine, who also make Lord Of The Rings Online and upcoming MOBA Infinite Crisis, have decided to move onto more current projects.
They made the announcement on the Asheron's Call forums explaining that "players should have the expectation that updates will be limited to maintenance, bug fixes, and perhaps balance iterations". It's not the end for the venerable MMO as it still has a vibrant player community.
Turbine will keep the game up and running for the moment but they will also be working with the community over the course of the next year to teach folks how to set up and run their own Asheron's Call servers.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey