Turbine to cease development on Asheron's Call after 15 years
Turbine has announced that they are to cease development on their long-running MMORPG Asheron's Call.
It would be hard to be an MMO fan and not know about Asheron's Call as the game has been running for the best part of the last 15 years and now Turbine, who also make Lord Of The Rings Online and upcoming MOBA Infinite Crisis, have decided to move onto more current projects.
They made the announcement on the Asheron's Call forums explaining that "players should have the expectation that updates will be limited to maintenance, bug fixes, and perhaps balance iterations". It's not the end for the venerable MMO as it still has a vibrant player community.
Turbine will keep the game up and running for the moment but they will also be working with the community over the course of the next year to teach folks how to set up and run their own Asheron's Call servers.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today