Turbine to cease development on Asheron's Call after 15 years
Turbine has announced that they are to cease development on their long-running MMORPG Asheron's Call.
It would be hard to be an MMO fan and not know about Asheron's Call as the game has been running for the best part of the last 15 years and now Turbine, who also make Lord Of The Rings Online and upcoming MOBA Infinite Crisis, have decided to move onto more current projects.
They made the announcement on the Asheron's Call forums explaining that "players should have the expectation that updates will be limited to maintenance, bug fixes, and perhaps balance iterations". It's not the end for the venerable MMO as it still has a vibrant player community.
Turbine will keep the game up and running for the moment but they will also be working with the community over the course of the next year to teach folks how to set up and run their own Asheron's Call servers.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced