Battleblock Theater heading to Steam, closed beta coming soon
The Behemoth has announced that they are bringing their latest piece of video game silliness, Battleblock Theater to a PC near you via Steam.
Battleblock Theater has been around on the Xbox 360 for a wee while and The Behemoth has decided that PC version would be pretty cool. First though they're having a wee closed beta which will run from the 24th to the 31st of March to make sure everything works the way it should before launch.
If you're not familiar with Battleblock Theater, it's a puzzle platformer where player navigate an array of dangerous levels ruled over by a race of sadistic cats. The game offers single player and co-op multiplayer as well as a rather nifty level editor for players to create and share their own diabolical levels.
The PC version will include a few additional features like weapon switching, new Cat Guard enemies in Story Mode, Steam Workshop integration for the level editor and Steam Inventory integration so players can sell items like prisoners, weapons, gems and yarn via Steam.
You can sign up for the Steam beta over on The Behemoth's website.
Oh, and there's a a trailer too, which is pant-wettingly hilarious (above).
Thanks Strategy Informer.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today