Eidos Montreal confirms 27 lay-offs post-Thief
Eidos Montreal has confirmed that they have let s number of staff go following the release of their latest title Thief.
27 staff have been laid off as part of the studio's normal development cycle; a sad but inevitable side-effect of the way most studios operate in the current economic climate.
The studio released the following statement:
“It is true we’ve let 27 people go today, unfortunately it’s something that every major studio has to do sometimes in order to ensure you have the right set up for current and future projects.”
“It’s never a nice thing to do but we are genuinely trying to offer as much support as much as we can.
“We’re trying to re-locate as many people as possible into other roles here or at our other studios and we’ve been in touch several studios in Montreal to arrange a career day for those affected by this. We’re very thankful for all their hard work and we sincerely wish them well.”
Thief is currently available for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date