Eidos Montreal confirms 27 lay-offs post-Thief
Eidos Montreal has confirmed that they have let s number of staff go following the release of their latest title Thief.
27 staff have been laid off as part of the studio's normal development cycle; a sad but inevitable side-effect of the way most studios operate in the current economic climate.
The studio released the following statement:
“It is true we’ve let 27 people go today, unfortunately it’s something that every major studio has to do sometimes in order to ensure you have the right set up for current and future projects.”
“It’s never a nice thing to do but we are genuinely trying to offer as much support as much as we can.
“We’re trying to re-locate as many people as possible into other roles here or at our other studios and we’ve been in touch several studios in Montreal to arrange a career day for those affected by this. We’re very thankful for all their hard work and we sincerely wish them well.”
Thief is currently available for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan