Eidos Montreal confirms 27 lay-offs post-Thief
Eidos Montreal has confirmed that they have let s number of staff go following the release of their latest title Thief.
27 staff have been laid off as part of the studio's normal development cycle; a sad but inevitable side-effect of the way most studios operate in the current economic climate.
The studio released the following statement:
“It is true we’ve let 27 people go today, unfortunately it’s something that every major studio has to do sometimes in order to ensure you have the right set up for current and future projects.”
“It’s never a nice thing to do but we are genuinely trying to offer as much support as much as we can.
“We’re trying to re-locate as many people as possible into other roles here or at our other studios and we’ve been in touch several studios in Montreal to arrange a career day for those affected by this. We’re very thankful for all their hard work and we sincerely wish them well.”
Thief is currently available for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey