Resident Evil creator states that Xbox One and PS4 are more or less the same
Tango Gameworks boss Shinji Mikami has been lamenting the need to make two different next-gen console versions of The Evil Within as he believes that the Xbox One and the PS4 are virtually identical pieces of hardware.
Mikami-san believes that there is “no real difference” between the two consoles which are both built around off-the-shelf PC components.
He said, “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical. So either will do.”
Given that the hardware is more-or-less the same inside the Xbox One and the PS4 it makes it more difficult to understand the rumours the developers are having trouble getting games that run at 30fps in 1080p on the PS4 to run as smoothly at any higher than 900p on the Xbox One.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May