Resident Evil creator states that Xbox One and PS4 are more or less the same
Tango Gameworks boss Shinji Mikami has been lamenting the need to make two different next-gen console versions of The Evil Within as he believes that the Xbox One and the PS4 are virtually identical pieces of hardware.
Mikami-san believes that there is “no real difference” between the two consoles which are both built around off-the-shelf PC components.
He said, “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical. So either will do.”
Given that the hardware is more-or-less the same inside the Xbox One and the PS4 it makes it more difficult to understand the rumours the developers are having trouble getting games that run at 30fps in 1080p on the PS4 to run as smoothly at any higher than 900p on the Xbox One.
Thanks Edge Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent