Resident Evil creator states that Xbox One and PS4 are more or less the same
Tango Gameworks boss Shinji Mikami has been lamenting the need to make two different next-gen console versions of The Evil Within as he believes that the Xbox One and the PS4 are virtually identical pieces of hardware.
Mikami-san believes that there is “no real difference” between the two consoles which are both built around off-the-shelf PC components.
He said, “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical. So either will do.”
Given that the hardware is more-or-less the same inside the Xbox One and the PS4 it makes it more difficult to understand the rumours the developers are having trouble getting games that run at 30fps in 1080p on the PS4 to run as smoothly at any higher than 900p on the Xbox One.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer