Resident Evil creator states that Xbox One and PS4 are more or less the same
Tango Gameworks boss Shinji Mikami has been lamenting the need to make two different next-gen console versions of The Evil Within as he believes that the Xbox One and the PS4 are virtually identical pieces of hardware.
Mikami-san believes that there is “no real difference” between the two consoles which are both built around off-the-shelf PC components.
He said, “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical. So either will do.”
Given that the hardware is more-or-less the same inside the Xbox One and the PS4 it makes it more difficult to understand the rumours the developers are having trouble getting games that run at 30fps in 1080p on the PS4 to run as smoothly at any higher than 900p on the Xbox One.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart