Resident Evil creator states that Xbox One and PS4 are more or less the same
Tango Gameworks boss Shinji Mikami has been lamenting the need to make two different next-gen console versions of The Evil Within as he believes that the Xbox One and the PS4 are virtually identical pieces of hardware.
Mikami-san believes that there is “no real difference” between the two consoles which are both built around off-the-shelf PC components.
He said, “We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical. So either will do.”
Given that the hardware is more-or-less the same inside the Xbox One and the PS4 it makes it more difficult to understand the rumours the developers are having trouble getting games that run at 30fps in 1080p on the PS4 to run as smoothly at any higher than 900p on the Xbox One.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto