Atlus: Demon's Souls II will not happen
US publisher Atlus has stated quite categorically that Demon's Souls II will not be happening.
The publisher's PR manager, John Harkin, has quashed any ideas that fans may have of seeing a sequel to the game that started off the Souls saga.
"PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2,” he stated on the PlayStation Blog. “From what I’ve heard around the internets, Demon’s Souls is one big Gordian knot."
Demon's Souls is a bit of an odd game as it was published by Sony in Japan, Atlus in the US, and Namco Bandai in Europe so getting a possible sequel would certainly require a fair amount of legal wrangling especially with the success of Dark Souls its successor series.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today