Atlus: Demon's Souls II will not happen
US publisher Atlus has stated quite categorically that Demon's Souls II will not be happening.
The publisher's PR manager, John Harkin, has quashed any ideas that fans may have of seeing a sequel to the game that started off the Souls saga.
"PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2,” he stated on the PlayStation Blog. “From what I’ve heard around the internets, Demon’s Souls is one big Gordian knot."
Demon's Souls is a bit of an odd game as it was published by Sony in Japan, Atlus in the US, and Namco Bandai in Europe so getting a possible sequel would certainly require a fair amount of legal wrangling especially with the success of Dark Souls its successor series.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3