Atlus: Demon's Souls II will not happen
US publisher Atlus has stated quite categorically that Demon's Souls II will not be happening.
The publisher's PR manager, John Harkin, has quashed any ideas that fans may have of seeing a sequel to the game that started off the Souls saga.
"PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2,” he stated on the PlayStation Blog. “From what I’ve heard around the internets, Demon’s Souls is one big Gordian knot."
Demon's Souls is a bit of an odd game as it was published by Sony in Japan, Atlus in the US, and Namco Bandai in Europe so getting a possible sequel would certainly require a fair amount of legal wrangling especially with the success of Dark Souls its successor series.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network