Atlus: Demon's Souls II will not happen
US publisher Atlus has stated quite categorically that Demon's Souls II will not be happening.
The publisher's PR manager, John Harkin, has quashed any ideas that fans may have of seeing a sequel to the game that started off the Souls saga.
"PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2,” he stated on the PlayStation Blog. “From what I’ve heard around the internets, Demon’s Souls is one big Gordian knot."
Demon's Souls is a bit of an odd game as it was published by Sony in Japan, Atlus in the US, and Namco Bandai in Europe so getting a possible sequel would certainly require a fair amount of legal wrangling especially with the success of Dark Souls its successor series.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though