Yoshinori Ono teases possible new PlayStation exclusive title from Capcom
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has hinted that he is working on a new title with Sony Computer Entertainment.
On Twitter he spoke about heading over to Hong Kong and China, home of Street Fighter characters Fei Long and Chun Li respectively, to do some research for a new title and on his return he offered up thanks to SCE which indicates a possibility for PlayStation exclusivity.
”I had business travel and research for something new at Hong Kong with Blanka. I had with the motivation!! : D Visiting to China from Hong Kong! I’d like to catch up a lot of report and material for next title! ; D” Ono-san tweeted.
He later said, “I’ll back to home! Thanks to SCE staff! See you : D”
Capcom has already refreshed some of their exclusivity relationship with Sony with Deep Down being developed solely for the PS4 and they played a part in the marketing build-up to the console's launch in the West last November. It will be interesting to see what Ono's comments are referring to.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week