Space Giraffe creator relishes Arcade games
Speaking to industry website Gamasutra.com, Space Giraffe designer Jeff Minter has revealed he is eager to begin work on a new Arcade title as soon as his work on Space Giraffe is completed. He also tells the site of his interest in the Wii console, and would also like to develop for Nintendo's system in time.
Minter reveals in the interview that MS boss J Allard had wanted him to take charge of the boot-up sequence for the original Xbox console. "He tried to contact me through email, but the email he sent ended up going to one of my old email addresses that I wasn't using anymore, and I never got the email. We would've loved to do the visualisation stuff for the original Xbox as well. I was really quite surprised to hear about that," Minter revealed.
He also revealed that Space Giraffe is nearly ready, and will cost 400 Microsoft points. "I'm pretty certain it will do well. All the results I got coming back from alpha test, all the guys just love it to bits. They're all saying that it's better than Tempest 2000, and it's better than anything that we've done."
He also said that the simplified nature of the new Arcade game's gameplay should not detract from the overall depth of the title, which offers plenty of new stuff for persistent players to enjoy. More pearls of wisdom, here.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update